Monday 13 April 2015

Art and Reproduction Revisited

Following the completion of work for 'Art and Text', I have decided to revisit the work I produced for the theme 'Art and Reproduction'. Although I was pleased with the work produced in this theme, I still felt that the idea could be developed further.

In order to develop the work, I will experiment covering the plaster sculptures in paint, by dripping and pouring the paint over the sculptures, as well as dipping the sculptures in the paint to see what effects can be achieved. Adding colour to the sculptures will give another layer of depth to the dolls, and the methods I use to cover them will replicate and enhance the dripping pattern of the wax used to cast them. This also builds on the idea of layer and texture already explored in the project, as I continue to add layers, through the medium of paint, to the sculptures.