Monday 20 April 2015

Proposal Project Revisited

I found the task of facing such a large painting daunting, after I had painted so much I reached a block and did not know how to finish the painting. The Easter break gave me a great opportunity to return to the painting with a fresh outlook.

Following the completion of the large scale painting, I decided to reflect on all I had produced for the proposal project and what could be improved. I found that while the photography was a success and lead to some great references for the painting, I was lacking in a series of work and focused too much on creating this idea of a final piece. Thus, I decided to return to the photography as it was something I enjoyed and to build a stronger body of work for the proposal project. The first series of photography, while aimed at imagery in the natural world, focused solely on yonic imagery and only through flowers, so I decided to explore both yonic and phallic imagery in the natural world as I had previously explored both in the urban environment through the form of sketches.