Saturday 28 February 2015

Creating Book

Below shows the pamphlet book I made to discuss in the next session. When deciding what taxonomy to fill my book with I chose to link back to my previous drawing elective and incorporate the Mandala designs I had created, which represent the world and are symmetrical. I thought these would be pleasing in a book and interesting because naturally the readers view of a book would be from left to right, however with a mandala design the eye is drawn to the center of the page. 

I made small changes to the cover template in order to accommodate for not having paper 5x the width of the pages, so I created a tab on both the front and back of the cover. To create the end pages I covered a sheet of paper the same width as the pages unfolded and covered both sides with pink dots using a blotter, this added some colour and interesting shapes to the book.