Friday 20 March 2015

Screen Printing Design

My design is based on the work I created for the drawing elective, which was based around Mandala designs. I started by drawing the design on paper using black fine liner, which I then scanned onto the computer and edited using adobe illustrator. For the screen print we needed to have to layers to the design to be able to print in two colours, so I filled in sections of the drawing and created text in the shape of a circle to follow the outline of the mandala and saved these on a separate layer, so I was left with an outline f my design on one layer and a fill of colour on another, these would then be separately transferred onto the screen.

Choosing the text for this design was very important to the theme of the project. I decided on text that related to the mandala and found inspiration from researching what the meaning is behind a mandala.